Kosovo is at crossroads regarding the energy sector, having to choose to act on either “grow now – clean up later” or “sustainable development”.
Part of the solution of the Kosovar government will be the important gasification projects which are expected to be developed.
Our latest paper explains the development of infrastructure and gasification projects in Kosovo.
These projects are extremely important and are seen as a good opportunity for:
1. transition from high carbon (fossil and oil) fossil fuels to low carbon (gas) fuels
2. ensuring a stable and secure energy supply
3. increasing cooperation with regional partners and international actors
4. creating the energy stability needed to integrate renewable resources
5. meeting the requirements and obligations of the Energy Community and the European integration process.
Click here for the document.